5.07.2009

WHAT I'M HEARING, LATELY

Every couple months or so I wake up and feel like I've listened to every song on both my computers a fucking million times and I need to hear some new shit pronto or I'm gonna punch a stranger in the face. It is an ongoing battle but fortunately new music surfaces ceaselessly and perpetually, it's just a matter of finding it, and then finding the time to acquire it.

So, in case you were wondering what I'm feeling lately, here it is:

The top 4 newly released albums that really get me going...



Silversun Pickups, Swoon

I always love a band more after I see them live, and this band doesn't give themselves enough credit.



Yeah yeah yeahs, Blitz!

FUCK ME.



Ghostland Observatory, Robotique Majestique

I'm not here to analyze... even though I could. But, if you haven't tasted this band's sweet electro sugar, find a way to work up an appetite.



Peter Bjorn and John, Living Thing

This is one of my favourite bands, and though this album exposes a new side to their multi-faceted sound, it is an edgy and lyrically poignant addition to their already smashing swedish repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment